Riverside Carhouse Work Platforms
Contract No. R20CN01 involves the installation of work platforms and other improvements at the Riverside Carhouse in Newton, MA. Northern Contracting Corporation was the lowest responsible and eligible bidder with a bid price of $2,574,100.00. The contract was awarded on January 5, 2016, and the MBTA issued a Notice to Proceed on February 2, 2016.
This project consists of the following scope:
- Removal of an existing wood work platform
- Installation of four (4) pre-manufactured work platforms including appurtenant fire protection, lighting, and electrical and compressed air service
- Installation of fire protection in the basement corridor
- Installation of new mechanical ventilation for the Hydraulic Pressure Control Unit (HPCU)
- Renovation of select existing toilet rooms
- Modification of sectionalizing switching for the existing catenary
- Accessible parking
The proposed work platforms will provide additional access to vehicle roof-tops, thereby increasing maintenance efficiencies and safety at the Riverside Carhouse.
Notice to Proceed: February 2016
Substantial Completion: April 2017
Project Completion: June 2017