Construction & Professional Services Bid Solicitations
Design and Construction
Each year the Design and Construction Directorate, administers projects worth approximately $371,000,000. We have a thorough process for evaluating our contractors and ensuring that they have the experience and capabilities to handle multi-million dollar projects.
You can find the summary for upcoming solicitations by clicking on the link below:
- Upcoming Construction Contract Solicitations
- Upcoming Design Build Solicitations
- Upcoming Professional Services Solicitations
All current bids and solicitations are posted to our web site and are constantly updated to reflect the most recent information. You can find the summary for each bid and solicitation by clicking on the links below.Bidding documents may be obtained from the Contract Administration Office, Monday through Friday, from 8:30a.m. to 4:00p.m., at 10 Park Plaza, Room 6720, Boston, MA. Bidding documents consisting of plans and specifications will be available on CD, at no charge. Please see the Complete Notice to Bidders link on individual contract pages for specifics.
As of March 1, 2014, the MBTA Design and Construction Directorate will no longer have contract specifications and drawings available for pick up. Project documents will be available for download from an MBTA FTP site, or on CD via Fed Ex delivery. For project specific information, see below.
Request for Information
Current Design Build Solicitations
Current Construction Contract Bid Solicitations
- Orange Line Test Track Improvements, Boston, Ma
- Vertical Transportation Improvements, Harvard/Central Station, Cambridge, MA
- Wellington Carhouse Expansion and Improvement Project, Medford, MA
- Repair/Rehabilitation of New Hampshire Main Line Over Shawsheen River, Bridge No. W-38-041, Wilmington/Billerica, MA
Current Professional Services Solicitations
- ADDENDUM NO. 1 - On-Call Program Management/Construction Management and General Engineering Consultant Services
- Engineering and Technical Support Consultancy Services for Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment and Adaptation
The MBTA is bound by Federal and State statutes to publicly advertise all of its construction projects for the solicitation of bids. In order to procure the lowest responsive bidder construction contracts are advertised in various publications and on the MBTA website. For contracts with estimated values exceeding one million dollars, prequalification is required. Prequalification forms can be found on the MBTA Website, or by clicking here.
Once the MBTA receives bid responses from each interested contractor, the bids are reviewed and the initial bid amounts are posted to the website on the date of the bid opening.
Awarded MBTA Contracts
After a thorough review process, the T's primary goal is to ensure that all contracts are awarded to the lowest responsive bidder, within specification requirements and in compliance with MBTA Procurement Policies and Procedures and other Federal and State laws, rules and regulations. Upon execution of the contract, the project advances to the construction phase and overall management of the project is transferred to the construction project manager and his/her field staff.
Questions? Please contact Customer Support for more information.