Parking Rules and Regulation
All MBTA garages and some attended parking lots are available for overnight parking. See below for a list of locations that offer overnight parking. Overnight parking is strictly prohibited at most commuter rail unattended parking lots. Parking is restricted between 2 a.m. and thirty minutes before the first train services each station. Vehicles found to be in violation of overnight parking restrictions may be ticketed and/or towed at the owner’s expense. If your vehicle is towed, please contact Transit Police for towing information at 617-222-1212.
Overnight Parking is available at:
During severe winter weather, parking availability may be reduced due to accumulated snow fall. Please plan your commute accordingly by frequently checking T-Alerts and by allotting extra time during your commute. During inclement weather, parking facilities continue to be strictly enforced. Payments made in advance via PayByPhone are license plate-based. All vehicles must park in designated spaces. Vehicles illegally parked may be ticketed and/or towed. MBTA and/or its subcontractors continuously operate heavy machinery in the parking facilities before, during, and after snowfall to keep all stations and parking lots accessible. Overnight parking restrictions may be strictly enforced during inclement weather to ensure all areas of each parking lot is treated and plowed during inclement weather.
- MBTA parking facilities are reserved for commuter use only on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Park at your own risk.
- Park in designated spaces only.
- Do not leave vehicles unsecured with windows down, doors unlocked, or valuables visible.
- If you see anything or anyone suspicious, call Transit Police at 617-222-1212.
- All parking facilities are strictly enforced twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week.
- Sign up for PayByPhone and buy a monthly permit.
- Always pay for parking within thirty minutes of arriving at the commuter rail station via PayByPhone.
- If paying by invoice, always pay the monthly notice in a timely manner to avoid additional fees and penalties.
- Prepay garage ticket in the morning to avoid long lines in the afternoon rush hour.
- Use the intercom button on the garage equipment to request assistance.
- In the event of equipment failure at the garage, safely maneuver/park your vehicle in a safe manner and seek assistant in the garage parking office (located at entry and or exit gates at most facilities).
- Check individual station pages for parking availability and other helpful features offered at each facility.
- During inclement weather, give yourself extra time to get to the station.
- Use good judgment when parking after snowfall and park in designated spaces.
- Use caution when exiting your vehicle and walking to the station platform, the ground may be wet, icy, or have accumulated snowfall.
- Do not leave your vehicle overnight in unattended parking lots during and after snowfall as it may be towed due to overnight parking restrictions and/or snow removal operations.
- Contact MBTA customer service to submit comments, complaints, and ask questions.
Accessibility Services: Riding the T for all Abilities