|MBTA service resumed on all modes as of the start of service on Wednesday, January 28, 2015. Buses will replace Mattapan line service Ashmont - Mattapan. Please check MBTA.com/winter for updates. more >|
Needham Line - South Station : Weekday Effective 12/27/14
F Indicates that the train stops to discharge passengers on notice to the Conductor and to pick up passengers on platform visible to Engineer.
Shaded area indicates peak hour trains.
Times shown in this schedule are train departure times; customers are asked to arrive at the station platform in time for a prompt departure.
|Delay: Needham Line Train 610 (9:40 am from Needham Heights) delayed 10 to 20 minutes|
|Delay: Needham Line Train 609 (8:45 am from South Station) delayed 15 to 20 minutes|
|Service Change: MBTA service resumed on all modes as of the start of service on Wednesday, January 28, 2015. Buses will replace Mattapan line service Ashmont - Mattapan. Please check MBTA.com/winter for updates.|
|Delay: Needham Line Train 608 (8:32 am from Needham Heights) delayed 15 to 25 minutes due to earlier delays|
|Delay: Needham Line Train 606 (8:02 am from Needham Heights) delayed 10 to 15 minutes due to weather conditions|
|Delay: Please be advised due to snow conditions delays may occur. Watch for up dates|
Holiday Schedule Information
- Saturday Service on Presidents' Day, and 4th of July
- 4th of July: train #1617 may be held for 45 minutes after the conclusion of the fireworks
- No Service on New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
- All other holidays regular service is provided.
- Consult the Transit Updates page or Call Customer Service at (617) 222-3200 for any extra service that may be provided.
- Bikes are allowed except the following during:
- Weekday peak hours trains (shaded columns)
- New Years Eve and 4th of July between 10 AM and 6 PM Inbound and after 4 PM Outbound.
- Folding bicycles, when folded, are allowed on all trains at all times.