- Providence/Stoughton Line Schedule
- Providence/Stoughton Line Upcoming Schedule - Effective Nov 21, 2016
- Back Bay to South Station Schedules
- Back Bay to South Station Upcoming Schedules - Effective Nov 21, 2016
Providence/Stoughton Line - South Station : Sunday Effective 05/23/16
F Indicates that the train stops to discharge passengers on notice to the Conductor and to pick up passengers on platform visible to Engineer.
Shaded area indicates peak hour trains.
Times shown in this schedule are train departure times; customers are asked to arrive at the station platform in time for a prompt departure.
- When nofified, trains will operate on Severe Weather schedule.
- Please expect a 15 to 25 minute additional trip time on operating trains.
- Express trains may make additional stops when directed.
- In case of “Extreme” weather events, specific schedules may be adopted.
- Those will be displayed on www.mbta.com, in Boston Stations and available via Twitter @mbta_CR.
- Listen to media reports for Commuter Rail Traffic Information prior to your trip
|Delay: Providence Train 816 (9:20 am inbound) is assisting disabled Train 710 at Hyde Park into Boston and currently 20-30 minutes behind schedule.|
|Track Change: Please board Providence Train 809 (10:25 am from South Station) on the inbound platform at Hyde Park Station.|
|Track Change: Please board inbound Providence Train 816 (9:20 am from Wickford Junction) on the outbound platform at Hyde Park.|
Send us an email
Stay connected with us on twitter
Customer Service Center
MBTA Commuter Rail
Holiday Schedule Information
- Saturday Service on Presidents' Day and, 4th of July
- 4th of July: train #1817 may be held 45 minutes after the fireworks
- Sunday Service on New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
- All other holidays regular service is provided.
- Consult the Transit Updates page or Call Customer Service at (617) 222-3200 for any extra service that may be provided.
- Bikes are allowed except the following during:
- Weekday peak hours trains (shaded columns)
- New Years Eve and 4th of July between 10 AM and 6 PM Inbound and after 4 PM Outbound.
- Folding bicycles, when folded, are allowed on all trains at all times.