Providence/Stoughton Line - Providence : Sunday Effective 11/21/16
F Indicates that the train stops to discharge passengers on notice to the Conductor and to pick up passengers on platform visible to Engineer.
Shaded area indicates peak hour trains.
Times shown in this schedule are train departure times; customers are asked to arrive at the station platform in time for a prompt departure.
- When nofified, trains will operate on Severe Weather schedule.
- Please expect a 15 to 25 minute additional trip time on operating trains.
- Express trains may make additional stops when directed.
- In case of “Extreme” weather events, specific schedules may be adopted.
- Those will be displayed on www.mbta.com, in Boston Stations and available via Twitter @mbta_CR.
- Listen to media reports for Commuter Rail Traffic Information prior to your trip
|Service Change: Providence/Stoughton Line: The next inbound train at Canton Junction will be Train 804 on Platform B.|
|Service Change: Providence Train 804 (6:00 am from Providence) will make unscheduled stops at Canton Junction and Hyde Park to accommodate passengers.|
|Cancellation: Stoughton Train 900 (6:20 am from Stoughton) is cancelled due to a mechanical issue. Train 902 (6:45 am from Stoughton) will be the first inbound train.|
|Cancellation: Stoughton Train 901 (5:20 am from South Station) is cancelled. Train 903 (6:59 am from South Station) will be the next outbound train.|
Send us an email
Stay connected with us on twitter
Customer Service Center
MBTA Commuter Rail
Holiday Schedule Information
- Saturday Service on Presidents' Day and, 4th of July
- 4th of July: train #1817 may be held 45 minutes after the fireworks
- Sunday Service on New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
- All other holidays regular service is provided.
- Consult the Transit Updates page or Call Customer Service at (617) 222-3200 for any extra service that may be provided.
- Bikes are allowed except the following during:
- Weekday peak hours trains (shaded columns)
- New Years Eve and 4th of July between 10 AM and 6 PM Inbound and after 4 PM Outbound.
- Folding bicycles, when folded, are allowed on all trains at all times.