The RIDE Software Transition
In fall 2019, we’re implementing a new software system called Routematch to improve reservations, scheduling, and dispatch operations for The RIDE.
You will continue to be able to book trips from your computer using a new, enhanced booking website. This new website will also provide real-time trip updates when your driver is within 30 minutes of your pick-up location.
If you prefer booking by phone, you can still call to schedule and pay for your trips.
What should I expect as a rider?
We appreciate your patience as we transition to the new system. You may experience small disruptions in service as our drivers and TRAC operators adjust, too.
If you usually book trips on The RIDE website, and have bookmarks set up to take you there, they will automatically redirect you to Routematch. Just be sure to update your bookmarks with the new link for future bookings.
When you schedule trips, you’ll notice:
- A new and improved website to book, view, and cancel your trips online
- Voice messages confirming your RIDE pickup window, and your driver’s specific arrival estimate
When you’re on your trip, you’ll notice:
- More on-time pickups and arrivals due to better scheduling and dispatching tools
- More efficient rides, with new mapping technology that lets drivers adjust their routes to avoid traffic delays
Can I book through my smartphone?
An app is coming soon that will let you book, cancel, and check the status of your trips through your mobile device.
What notifications will I get about my booking?
You will receive 3 calls confirming the time you can expect for your ride:
- The night before your scheduled trip, you will receive a call providing a 20-minute pickup window for your driver’s arrival.
- An hour before your scheduled pickup, you will receive a call giving a specific time estimate for your driver’s arrival.
- When your driver is about to arrive, you will receive a call asking you to be ready at the door.
We are excited about these improvements and are working to make sure your experience is reliable and affordable.