Design Standards and Guidelines
More from Engineering
View design manuals, guidelines, and maintenance standards for work on MBTA projects.
Guides, manuals, and materials provide design requirements and goals for MBTA facilities including stations, bridges, and signage.
- Railroad Operations Directorate (2014)
- Commuter Rail Materials Specifications (1992)
- General Guidelines for the Design of Passenger Train Layover Facilities (1992)
- Prototype Stations (1996)
- Book of Standard Plans: Track and Roadway (1996)
- Design Standards: Track and Roadway (1996)
- Design Standards: Stations and Parking (1996)
- Design Standards: Bridges (2009)
The MBTA is committed to fostering and supporting art programs and provides guidelines to do so on its systems.