Rail Vision Advisory Committee Meeting
Attendees: General Public
The MBTA's Rail Vision will identify cost-effective strategies to transform the MBTA's existing Commuter Rail system to better support improved mobility and economic competitiveness in the Boston region.
The role of the Rail Vision Advisory Committee is to provide informed advice to agency leadership and the project team. The members represent diverse perspectives of the MBTA service area.
Welcome (5 minutes)
- Review of the agenda
- Ground rules
Evaluation Framework (5 minutes)
- Evaluation approach
- Focus on the Tier 1 Evaluation
Overview of Service Concepts (60 minutes)
- Concepts that reduce travel times
- Concepts that increase service frequency
- Concepts that improve service connectivity
- Are there other concepts that should be considered?
- Suggestions on how to present concepts to the public?
Informational Primer on How Tier 1 Models Work (35 minutes)
- Operations analyses - ATTUne
- Ridership and land use analyses – Regional Dynamic Model
- Operating Costs