POSTPONED - NEW DATE-MassDOT & MBTA Board of Directors Meeting
Date: February 7, 2011 at 1:00pm Add to Calendar
Attendees: MassDOT & MBTA Board of Directors
The MassDOT and MBTA Board meetings scheduled for Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at 1:00 p.m. have been postponed due to the weather and rescheduled to February 7, 2011 at 1:00 p.m.
February 7, 2011
10 Park Plaza, Suite 3830, Boston, MA
- MBTA – Open Meeting
Meeting Number: 1044
- Approval of the Minutes of the Meetings of January 5, 2011.
- General Manager’s Report.
- Authorization for the execution of MBTA Contract No. E22PS02, Green Line Extension – Project Management and Preliminary Design, Construction Management and Preliminary Design, with Gilbane Building Company/HDR Engineering, Inc., a Joint Venture, for a sum not to exceed $95,000,000.00.
- Authorization for the execution of a Contract with O’Connor Constructors, Inc., of Canton, Massachusetts, to maintain the MBTA’s emergency smoke control and subway ventilation fans over a three-year, with two one-year options, at a total cost of $12,244,790.
- Authorization to extend contracts with ABM Industries, of Somerville, Massachusetts, to clean Red Line (North), Green Line, and Orange Line (South) Stations over a four-month period, at a total cost not to exceed $1,740,321.00; J&K Cleaning, Inc., of Roslindale, Massachusetts, to clean Red Line (South) Stations over a four-month period, at a total cost not to exceed $764,623.00; Empire Cleaning, Inc., of Wakefield, Massachusetts, to clean Orange Line (North) Stations over a four-month period, and Employee Facilities, at a total cost not to exceed $988,504.00; S.J. Services, Inc., of Danvers, Massachusetts, to clean Blue Line Stations over a four-month period, at a total cost not to exceed $541,868.00.
- Authorization for the execution of Change Order No. 16 to MBTA Formal Contract No. 640 with Scheidt & Bachmann – USA, Inc., for Contract Closeout of the Automated Fare Collection Phase 1 Project, for a total cost of $3,838,970.
- Authorization for the execution of an Extra Work Project Initiation Agreement with the Massachusetts Bay Commuter Railroad Company, LLC, to support the MBTA with preliminary engineering effort for the implementation of the system-wide Positive Train Control system required by the Rail Safety Improvement Act, for an amount not to exceed $1,570,837.75.
- Authorization to negotiate and execute a sub-grantee funding agreement between the MBTA and the South Shore Tri-Town Development Corporation, for the allocation of $8,011,800 in federal funds for intermodal access improvements in the area of the MBTA South Weymouth Commuter Rail Station.
- Authorization for the execution of a Memorandum of Agreement with FR Sturtevant Street, LLC governing implementation and capital funding for the proposed Assembly Square Station on the Orange Line and for the acceptance for no consideration of various fee, permanent and temporary easements needed for the Assembly Square Station.
- Authorization to purchase a one year Property Insurance Policy with FM Global (insurer) and March, USA (broker) for the period March 1, 2011 to March 1, 2012 for an annual premium of $1,135,000, to provide coverage for real/personal property, rolling stock, boiler & machinery and terrorism coverage with a total combined replacement value of $6.5 Billion, a policy limit of $1 Billion and a self-insured retention of $2.5 Million.
- Approval of Statement of Facts concerning the Assessment of Cities and Towns for FY2012 in accordance with Section 9 of Chapter 161A of the General Laws.
- Certification to the MBTA Advisory Board on the voting strengths for the 175 Cities and Towns in accordance with Section 9 of Chapter 161A.
- Authorization to appoint Elizabeth Levin, MBTA Board Member, to the vacant Board position on the Police Association Retirement Plan Board (PARP), and further, to appoint two persons of Alternate for Director Levin and Alternate for PARP Board Chairman, Wesley Wallace.
- Delegation of Authority.
Commencing immediately after
MBTA Board Meeting
- MassDOT – Open Meeting
Meeting Number: 16
- Approval of Minutes of the Meeting of January 5, 2010.
- Secretary/CEO’s Report to the Board.
- Report from the Highway Division.
- Report from the Registry Division.
- Report from the Aeronautics Division.
- Authorization for the execution of Contract No. 67599 – Medford Interstate 93 Superstructure Replacement and Related Work, with J.F. White/Kiewit, in the amount of $91,125,100.
- Western Turnpike Refinancing.
- MassDOT Fiscal Year 2012 Operating Budget Briefing.
- Senior Official Compensation Policy.
- Delegation of Authority.
NOTE: THIS AGENDA HAS BEEN PREPARED IN ADVANCE AND DOES NOT NECESSARILY INCLUDE ALL MATTERS WHICH MAY BE TAKEN UP AT THIS MEETING.