$10 Weekends on Commuter Rail
Updated on January 9, 2019
About the Project
From January 5 – June 30, 2019, enjoy unlimited travel across our Commuter Rail network for just $10 each weekend. Each ticket is good for all Commuter Rail lines and all zones on Saturday and Sunday.
Where can I buy a $10 weekend ticket?
Weekend tickets are available for purchase:
- On the mTicket mobile app
- At the ticket windows at North, South, and Back Bay stations
- On board from conductors (cash accepted on all trains; credit cards accepted on select trains)
Please note: The $10 weekend ticket is not available at fare vending machines or retail sales locations.
As always, children 11 and younger ride for free when accompanied by a paying adult (up to 2 children per adult).
Does the weekend ticket have any restrictions?
- Valid on Commuter Rail only
- Valid from the first scheduled trip on Saturday to the last scheduled trip on Sunday
- Each $10 weekend ticket is valid for one weekend only, not recurring weekends
- Not eligible for half fare, for use on the CapeFLYER, or for special event trains (i.e. to Foxboro/Gillette Stadium)
Why is this pilot running?
Unlike weekdays, weekend Commuter Rail service is not in high demand. This $10 weekend fare is a pilot program designed to test the market and encourage people to try Commuter Rail service on weekends, when ample seating is available.
New to the Commuter Rail?
Learn more about schedules, maps, and navigating our train stations.
For all queries and comments related to $10 Weekends on Commuter Rail, please contact: