Construction 1-Week Look Ahead
Wollaston Station on the Red Line closed for renovation on Monday, January 8, 2018.
The parking lot on site remains open.
Construction Work Hours
The MBTA's contractor, LM Heavy Civil Construction, is working at Wollaston and Quincy Center stations in 2 shifts:
- Day shift: 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
- Night shift: 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM
The following activities are all day shift work and will take place Monday, February 19 to Friday, February 23, unless otherwise noted.
LMH will resume night shift work on Monday night, February 26 (see exception below).
- Continue to demolish station lobby
- Install, clean, and test 16-inch water main at Newport Ave
- Stockpile and remove soils
- Demolish platform slab and grade beams
- Install mini-piles/drilling and grouting
- Underpinning (strengthening the foundation) at Stair 6
- Cut site structures to sub-grade elevation
- Install sewer bypass system along Brook St, across Newport Ave. and on Woodbine at Greenwood Ave
- Night shift work (24 – 36 hours) is required to place a liner in an existing sewer, and Newport Ave traffic lanes will be reduced (scheduled for Wednesday, February 21 to Friday, February 23)
- Relocate/Realign bus shelters to temporary busway
- Plumbing and standpipe work
- Electrical work, including relocate communication antenna
- Continue concrete repairs above escalators
- Establish Burgin Parkway work zone for accessible walkway
- Move bus berths on Hancock St side to temporary configuration