Construction 1-Week Look Ahead
Wollaston Station on the Red Line closed for renovation on Monday, January 8, 2018.
Construction Activities: May 18 – 25
The MBTA's contractor, LM Heavy Civil Construction, LLC and a sub-contractor, Atlantic Dismantling, are working at Wollaston and Quincy Center stations during 2 shifts this week:
- Weekend shift (at Quincy Center): Friday, May 18, 9 PM – Monday, May 21, 4 AM
- Weekday shift (Quincy Center and Wollaston): Monday, May 21, 7 AM – Friday, May 25, 3:30 PM
The contractors will not be working on Monday, May 28, Memorial Day.
- Single-track operation Tuesday – Thursday, 10 AM – 2:30 PM; see Red Line Service Alerts
- Single-track activity: concrete work on platform and retaining wall repair
- At east headhouse: pile caps, grade beams, and concrete pours
- Install underground electric, plumbing, and utilities; storm drain, water, and sewer
- Backfill foundations
- Platform footings and piers, drill and grout dowels, escalator and elevator pits
- Waterproofing escalator and elevator pits
- At Stair 6 excavate and grade for cap beam, install west side retaining wall
- Install transformer
- Station "mock-up" blue concrete block wall will be used to represent the finish wall with the caulking, panels, windows etc. and is located in parking lot
- At Newport Ave, excavate/install underpinnings; set up traffic control
- May start to erect protective shoring around station/garage
- At accessible walkway on Burgin Pkwy side of station, install piles
- Install crane mats at the mobilized crane
- Elevator control room: roof work, interior dry wall & painting
- Start garage demolition. Helix (circular vehicular access concrete structure) and Parking Garage Floor level 5 will be demolished first.
Weekend construction activities will create noise and may be disruptive. Please email email@example.com with any concerns.
Additional weekend work will be required to complete garage demolition and will be scheduled in the Fall 2018.