|With public safety of paramount importance, all modes of MBTA service will be suspended all day and night on Tuesday, January 27. Please check MBTA.com for updates on service restoration for Wednesday. more >|
Introducing the new T-Alerts
T-Alerts lets you sign up to receive notifications of delays and disruptions, as well as advanced notice of planned service changes, by e-mail or text message (SMS).
- Your cellular carrier may charge you a fee to receive text messages (SMS). Contact your carrier for details.
- For each route, line, or elevator/escalator, you will see the option of signing up for alerts at different times of day. If you sign up for “Early AM” you may receive alerts – even text messages – in the middle of the night.
- The MBTA is not responsible for inadvertent errors or omissions of T-Alert messages.
- T-Alerts are sent to subscribers by GovDelivery. For technical support with your account see the GovDelivery help page.
- We welcome your feedback or suggestions at MBTA Customer Support.
- More information is available in the T-Alerts FAQ.