North Quincy MBTA Station Garage Project Public Meeting
Attendees: General Public
South Shore residents and daily commuters who use the MBTA’s Red Line subway service are invited to participate in a public review session hosted by the MBTA to discuss construction of a new parking facility on the site of the North Quincy T Station parking lot.
The MBTA has signed a long-term lease for the property, which will be developed for mixed retail and residential use by Hancock Street Partners.
A total of 852 existing surface level parking lot spaces will be replaced with 852 dedicated MBTA garage spaces for commuters, along with 700 spaces for retail and residential use.
- Construction work associated with this project will begin week of February 17, 2019.
- More than 600 MBTA parking spaces will be available at North Quincy Station during garage construction.
- Additional MBTA parking spaces will be available at Wollaston Station during garage construction until Wollaston Station re-opens.
- No parking will be displaced until the week of February 17, 2019.
- The week prior to construction will be used to begin preparing the area.
There will be free shuttles between North Quincy, Quincy Center, and Wollaston Stations, until Wollaston Station reopens.
During construction, access to the North Quincy Red Line Station platform will be open at both entrances during service hours. Access to regular bus routes will be unaffected.
The meeting site at North Quincy High School is accessible to people with disabilities. MassDOT will also provide language assistance free of charge upon request. This includes: sign language interpreters and interpreters for participants who don’t speak English; open or closed captioning for videos; and assistive listening devices and alternate material formats, such as audio tapes, Braille, and large print.
Requests should be made as soon as possible prior to the meeting. For more difficult to arrange services including sign-language, CART, or language translation or interpretation, requests should be made at least ten (10) business days before the meeting.