Ride The T To First Night FREE SERVICE AFTER 8PM
Today, the MBTA announced its service schedule for First Night through the holiday weekend. The MBTA is providing extra transit services throughout the First Night Festivities and will be offering free service after 8:00 p.m. The MBTA is well prepared to transport First Night participants in and out of Boston safely and efficiently and urges travelers to take the T to avoid traffic and parking hassles. The following is the MBTA’s operating schedule:
Sunday, December 31st – New Year’s Eve
Blue, Orange, Green and Red Line trains will operate on a Sunday schedule with the following additions:
* Service will increase during the afternoon leading to rush-hour service levels from approximately 7:00pm through the conclusion of the event.
* Evening trains will provide rush-hour levels of service and will run until approximately 2:00am.
* Buses will operate on a Sunday schedule with the following additions:
*Extra service on route #57 (Watertown to Kenmore) from 6:00 p.m. until the completion of the fireworks.
*Extra service on route #39 (Forest Hills to Back Bay) from 6:00 p.m. until the completion of the fireworks.
*Extra service operating out of Government Center to Riverside upon completion of the fireworks.
*Extra service in the Cambridge area operating out of Harvard, Central and Lechmere Stations as needed.
*Extra service operating out of Sullivan, Wellington, and Haymarket Stations as needed.
*Extra service operating from Wonderland Station to Revere.
*Extra service in the Quincy area until the completion of Quincy’s First Night Festivities.
For Commuter Rail Service on New Year's Eve click here.
Commuter Boat and Ferry
* Inner Harbor Ferry between Long Wharf and Charlestown Navy Yard will operate a normal weekend schedule.
* Hingham and Hull Commuter Boat services will not operate.
* Quincy commuter boat services to Logan Airport and Long Wharf will operate on a revised Sunday schedule. Last departures from: Quincy - 3:30 p.m., from Logan - 4:30 p.m., and from Boston - 4:15 p.m.
THE RIDE will operate extended hours until 2:30 a.m.
Monday, January 1st– New Year’s Day
* Blue, Orange, Green and Red Line trains will operate on a Sunday schedule.
*Buses and trackless trolleys will operate on a Sunday schedule.
* Commuter rail trains will operate on a Sunday schedule. Please Note: Fairmount Line, Needham Line and Stoughton Line will not operate.
* All Inner Harbor Ferry and Commuter Boat services will not operate.
* THE RIDE will operate on a Sunday schedule.
For more information about MBTA services, routes, schedules and fares, please call the T’s Customer Information Center at 617-222-3200 (TDD 617-222-5146) or log onto the MBTA’s website www.mbta.com.