Holiday Service Schedule
The MBTA today announced its service schedule for the upcoming holiday period.
Thursday, December 31st through Friday, January 1st
Today, the MBTA announced its service schedule for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. The MBTA is providing extra transit services throughout the First Night Festivities and will be offering FREE service after 8:00 p.m. Extra MBTA Police will patrol the system to assist with crowd control and safety.
Thursday, December 31 – New Year’s Eve
- Blue, Orange, Green and Red Line trains will operate on a weekday schedule. Additional trains will operate and provide rush – hour levels of service throughout the evening. Service will be extended until approximately 2:00 a.m.
- Bus routes and Silver Line will operate on a weekday schedule.
- Commuter Rail Service On New Year’s Eve will operate on a Weekday schedule with additional train service provided to accommodate customers participating in Boston’s First Night Celebration.
**ALL COMMUTER RAIL TRAINS WILL MAKE ALL LOCAL STOPS ENROUTE TO THEIR DESTINATION
***THESE ARE THE LAST COMMUTER RAIL TRAINS TO OPERATE. THERE WILL NOT BE ANY ALTERNATIVE SERVICES AVAILABLE. CUSTOMERS MUST ARRIVE PRIOR TO DEPARTURE TIME.
OUTBOUND FROM NORTH STATION
OUTBOUND FROM SOUTH STATION
Commuter Boat and Ferry
- Inner Harbor Ferry will operate a normal weekday schedule
- Hingham Commuter Boat service: The 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. departures from Rowes Wharf to Hingham will be substituted with departures at 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. The last trip from Hingham will be at 6:10 p.m. The last boat departing Rowes Wharf will be at 7:00 p.m.
- Quincy and Hull Commuter Boat service to Logan Airport and Long Wharf will operate a normal weekday schedule.
- THE RIDE will operate extended hours until 2:30 a.m.
As a way to manage traffic volume, customers are urged to pay upon entering the parking garages.
Friday, January 1st– New Year’s Day
- Blue, Orange, Green and Red Line trains will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Buses, Silver Line, and trackless trolleys will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Commuter rail trains will operate on a Sunday schedule. Please Note: Fairmount Line, Needham Line and Stoughton Line will not operate.
- Inner Harbor Ferry and Commuter Boat services will not operate.
- THE RIDE will operate on a Sunday schedule.
For more information about MBTA services, routes, schedules and fares, please call the T’s Customer Information Center at 617-222-3200, (TTY) 617-222-5146.
Media Contact Information
For all queries and comments, please contact Lydia Rivera.