Dump the Pump and see what you could save!
Dump the Pump is an annual, national public transportation movement which kicks off on June 20 and encourages people to ride transit (instead of driving) to save money.
Did you know?
- Public transportation helps people save money. Using public transportation is the quickest way to beat high gas prices. According to a recent transit savings report, a two-person household can save, on the average, more than $9,700 a year by downsizing to one car.
- It reduces gas use. Users of public transportation save 4.2 billion gallons of gasoline annually in the U.S.
- And it reduces our carbon footprint. Public transportation use in the United States reduces our nation’s carbon emissions by 37 million metric tons annually. This is equivalent to Washington, DC; New York City; Atlanta; Denver; and Los Angeles combined stopping using electricity. One person with a 20-mile round trip commute who switches from driving to public transit can reduce his or her daily carbon emissions by 20 pounds or more than 4,800 pounds in a year.
- Get more facts about the benefits of public transportation.
- And if you’ve decided to “dump the pump” Thank you!