Green Line D Track and Signal Replacement
Updated on November 15, 2018
About the Project
This project is part of the MBTA initiative to bring the Green Line track and signal systems into a state of good repair.
- Replace approximately 6.5 miles of signal infrastructure
- Replace 25,000 feet of track
- Replace special trackwork between Beaconsfield and Riverside stations
- Signal equipment will be centralized at stations
- Modern electronics will replace antiquated, obsolete signal equipment
- Continuous welded rail will replace jointed rail
- Modern signal system will be less likely to fail, resulting in fewer delays
- Reduction in signal failures and response times
- Fewer signal delays will increase reliability of Green Line operations
- Maintenance of Way will be able to remove speed restrictions on the D branch
Replacements by Station
Bus shuttles will replace train service on some portions of the D branch during certain periods from 2018 through 2020.
To report a noise complaint or issue, call the 24/7 noise hotline at 508-676-3550.
For all queries and comments related to Green Line D Track and Signal Replacement, please contact:
August 29, 2018 at 6:00pm
September 6, 2018 at 6:00pm