E Branch Track Upgrades 100% Complete
Updated on August 22, 2022
On Sunday, August 21, we completed work on the E Branch full access closure one day ahead of schedule. This project improved safety and reliability for Green Line riders while minimizing disruption.
Building a Better T
As part of our $9.6 billion, 5-year capital investment plan, we're renovating stations, modernizing fare collection systems, upgrading services for our buses, subways, and ferries, and improving the accessibility of the entire system.
What We've Accomplished
In these 15 days, our crews completed the following:
- Installed Green Line Train Protection System components along the entire E Branch
- Renewed 2,500 feet of track
- Upgraded two units of special trackwork
- Completed additional work including: tunnel inspection, leak repairs, catenary wire replacement, and switch maintenance
- Cosmetic improvements with the help of the Longwood Collective's tree planting along Huntington Ave
For questions and comments related to Green Line track upgrades, please email the Green Line Transformation team at GLT@mbta.com.