Shuttles Replace Trains for D Branch Track Upgrades: September 24 – October 30
Updated on September 30, 2022
- Saturday, September 24 – Sunday, October 2
- Saturday, October 8 – Sunday, October 16
- Saturday, October 22 – Sunday, October 30
Building a Better T
As part of our $9.6 billion, 5-year capital investment plan, we're renovating stations, modernizing fare collection systems, upgrading services for our buses, subways, and ferries, and improving the accessibility of the entire system.
Shuttle Bus Stops
- To Kenmore: Riverside Busway
- To Kenmore: Woodland pick-up/drop-off area (at station entrance)
- To Riverside: Woodland pick-up/drop-off area (at station entrance)
- To Kenmore: on Beacon St., in front of station entrance (across from 1651 Beacon St)
- To Riverside: on Beacon St, across from station entrance (in front of 1651 Beacon St)
- To Kenmore: Lincoln St & Woodward St (170 Lincoln St)
- To Riverside: Lincoln St & Woodward St (173 Lincoln St)
- To Kenmore: Walnut St & Lincoln St (next to Arthur English Garden)
- To Riverside: on Walnut St, across from Lincoln St
- To Kenmore: Langley Rd & Union St (across from 74 Langley Rd)
- To Riverside: on Langley Rd, across from Braeland Ave
- To Kenmore: Boylston St & Hammond St (1188 Boylston St)
- To Riverside: Boylston St & Hammond St (bus stop for Route 60—Chestnut Hill Mall)
- To Kenmore: Reservoir Busway
- To Riverside: Reservoir Busway
Riders may also take a 5-minute-walk from this station to Cleveland Circle on the C Branch.
Shuttles will not be stopping at Beaconsfield due to narrow roads. For alternative routes, riders can take a 9-minute walk to Reservoir station, or a 2-minute walk to Dean Road station on the C Branch.
- To Kenmore: Boylston St & Cypress St (308 Boylston St)
- To Riverside: Boylston St & Cypress St (361 Boylston St)
- To Kenmore: on Pearl St, at the existing bus shelter (next to the Brookline Place Parking Garage)
- To Riverside: on Pearl St, in front of station eastbound entrance
- To Kenmore: Brookline Ave & Longwood Ave (389 Brookline Ave)
- To Riverside: Brookline Ave & Longwood Ave (435 Brookline Ave)
- To Kenmore: on Park Dr, in front of station entrance (bus stop for Route 47—Central Sq)
- To Riverside: on Park Dr, across from station entrance (bus stop for Route 47—Broadway)
- To Kenmore: Commonwealth Ave & Kenmore St (500 Commonwealth Ave)
Why We’re Doing This Work
During these closures, we'll replace over 6,000 feet of track and six pedestrian crossings at Woodland, Waban, and Eliot stations, and install Green Line Train Protection System (GLTPS) equipment.
This closure is the last of four that have taken place across the Green Line this year. With 27 days of full access, we will complete upgrades that would usually take six months of weekend closures.
For questions and comments related to Green Line track upgrades, please email the Green Line Transformation team at GLT@mbta.com.