Sullivan Square Busway and Parking Lot Reconstruction
Updated on April 6, 2018
About the Project
Sullivan Square Station will undergo roadway, parking lot, and busway improvements through 2018 and 2019. Work will be done in cooperation with Wynn Boston Harbor.
Sullivan Station's upper and lower busways connect 12 bus lines serving Boston, Malden, Medford, Somerville, Cambridge, and Everett. Updates to the lower busway will improve efficiency at the station and for key MBTA bus routes.
- Updated lower busway
- New bus shelters and benches
- Updated parking lot, sidewalks, roadways, and busways
- Wayfinding and signage upgrades for pedestrian and vehicle traffic
- Updated lighting and security systems
- New drainage systems and landscaping
- Safer, more efficient vehicle traffic flow around the station
- Safer, more accessible routes to and from the station for customers
- Safer, more efficient traffic flow for bicycles
- More efficient bus service
This work is being done in phases to avoid disruptions to service on the bus or Orange Line, but it may impact parking availability and bus stop locations.
To accommodate busway work, bus stops may be moved. Service alerts will be issued in advance of adjustments, and signs will be posted along the busway to help riders locate their stops.
Parking availability may be impacted during paving work. Service alerts will be issued in advance of parking capacity changes.
Customers can also park at the MBTA garage at Station Landing in Medford, near Wellington Station.
April 5, 2018 at 6:00pm
For all queries and comments related to Sullivan Square Busway and Parking Lot Reconstruction, please contact: