Sullivan Square Busway and Parking Lot Reconstruction
Updated on July 15, 2019
About the Project
Timeline: 2018 – 2019
Roadway, parking lot, and busway improvements are complete at Sullivan Square Station.
Sullivan Station's upper and lower busways connect 12 bus lines serving Boston, Malden, Medford, Somerville, Cambridge, and Everett. Updates to the lower busway will improve efficiency at the station and for key MBTA bus routes.
- Updated lower busway
- New bus shelters and benches
- Updated parking lot, sidewalks, roadways, and busways
- Wayfinding and signage upgrades for pedestrian and vehicle traffic
- Updated lighting and security systems
- New drainage systems and landscaping
- Safer, more efficient vehicle traffic flow around the station
- Safer, more accessible routes to and from the station for customers
- Safer, more efficient traffic flow for bicycles
- More efficient bus service
Public Meeting Presentation (April 2018)
For all queries and comments related to Sullivan Square Busway and Parking Lot Reconstruction, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.