Wellington Busway and Parking Lot Improvements
Updated on March 21, 2019
About the Project
In cooperation with the Encore Boston Harbor Project, the busways and parking lots at Wellington Station will undergo improvements beginning October 1, 2018 including streamlined pick-ups and drop-offs, better accessibility, a new busway for private shuttles, and more parking spaces.
Wellington Station will be safer and easier for customers to navigate:
- Customer pick-ups and drop-offs relocated from the busway to the rear parking lot
- Vehicle and bus traffic separated to reduce congestion
- New crosswalks to improve pedestrian safety in busways
Parking lots will be reconfigured:
- Additional parking spaces
- Better flow of traffic through both parking lots
People with disabilities can more easily access Wellington Station:
- New crosswalks and wheelchair ramps
- New accessible parking spots in the front parking lot
Bus service will not be impacted.
The front parking lot will be closed February 4, 2019 – March 2019 to allow for infrastructure improvements (replacing the bordering sidewalk).
Customers can park in the nearby Station Landing Garage.