Winchester Center Station Construction Continues Fall – Winter 2022
Updated on December 2, 2022
Crews will continue full station reconstruction work on the Winchester Center Commuter Rail station as a part of the Winchester Station Accessibility Improvement project.
The upgraded station is expected to open in spring 2024 with new high-level platforms, elevators, stairs and ramps to increase access and accommodations for boarding and exiting. Construction will also include new lighting, signage, and tracks.
What to Expect During This Work
Crews will work from 7 AM – 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday. This work is expected to continue until early winter.
To date, crews have completed:
- Preconstruction preparation for new elevators in the Aberjona and Waterfield area
- The demolition of older access ramps within the Aberjona, Waterfield, and Laraway Parking Lots
- Installation and construction of micropiles, drill shafts, platform, ramps and a headhouse in the Aberjona and Waterfield area
- Micropile installation in the Quill Rotary area
- Construction of ramps and drills shafts in the Laraway area
Laraway Road will remain closed until the project is complete in spring 2024. During construction, the Waterfield and Aberjona Parking Lots will be unavailable. Parking will be relocated to Waterfield Road, adjacent to Laraway Road. Construction may still impact this temporary parking area, so check back here for updates.
Neighbors should expect increased noise and periods of vibration from heavy equipment and machinery during weekdays for the remainder of the fall into early winter.
Building a Better T
As part of our $9.6 billion, 5-year capital investment plan, we're renovating stations, modernizing fare collection systems, upgrading services for our buses, subways, and ferries, and improving the accessibility of the entire system.
For questions and comments related to Winchester Station Accessibility Improvements, contact email@example.com. For construction-related questions or concerns, please contact the construction hotline at 781-218-9717.