Wollaston Construction Activities
Updated on August 9, 2018
Wollaston Station is closed for renovation from January 8, 2018 to summer 2019.
August 3 – 19
The MBTA's contractor, LM Heavy Civil Construction, and a sub-contractor, Atlantic Dismantling, are working at Wollaston station during these shifts over the next 2 weeks:
|Shift||Weekday shift||Days||Monday – Friday||Times||7 AM – 3:30 PM|
|Shift||Weekend shift*||Days||Saturday – Sunday||Times||All hours|
|Shift||Night shift**||Days||Sunday – Thursday||Times||9 PM – 5 AM|
*Single-track diversions are planned for 2 Saturdays, August 11 and 18. Preparation will be 1 AM – 5 AM, with work starting at 6 AM until complete. Work will also occur on 2 Sundays, August 12 and 19, but without single-track diversions.
**Night shift work will resume on August 19 and continue throughout October. Additional night shifts will be announced for Wollaston and Quincy Center in advance of the work.
Lane Restrictions through Labor Day
Newport Ave lane restrictions are in effect June 25 – September 3, 2018:
- AM commute: 2 northbound lanes, 1 southbound lane
- PM commute: 2 southbound lanes, 1 northbound lane
Safety cones and concrete barriers will be in place to provide more work zone space.
- At east headhouse: install concrete walls, structural steel, escalator truss, mezzanine and lobby floor panels; finish storm drain connections and sewer service
- At stair 6: cap beam work, wall rebar, cathodic protection, excavate and install bracing, demolish existing lobby wall
- At lobby: elevator foundation work, waterproofing escalator and elevator pits, underground plumbing and electrical work
- At Newport Ave: excavation and duct bank support work, install wall footings
- Station "mock-up" wall located in parking lot is used to represent station finishes
- Station platform work (rebar, concrete, cantilever formwork, etc.)
Night construction activities will create noise and may be disruptive. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns.