Lowell Line Service Changes
To support the Green Line Extension, work on the Lowell Line includes:
- Aligning new Commuter Rail tracks
- Construction of a new railroad bridge at Washington Street in Somerville
- Added safety and monitoring with Positive Train Control (PTC) for the Commuter Rail
Shuttle schedules are subject to change, dependent on weather, city-wide events, and construction progress.
Shuttle Service During Coronavirus
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, all riders are required to wear face coverings and should leave extra space between themselves and other riders. Shuttle capacity is limited to 20 people.
Between Anderson/Woburn and North Station
Weekends Through August 2020
Shuttles run all day Saturday and Sunday.
Each scheduled train will be replaced by both a local shuttle and an express shuttle:
- Local shuttles will make all stops, except Mishawum.
- Express shuttles will run directly between North Station and Anderson/Woburn.
Please note that shuttles cannot accommodate bicycles.
Shuttles are accessible to people with disabilities. Some bus shuttles may be provided by third-party contractors and will look different than MBTA buses. Some may provide accessibility via a lift in the back rather than a ramp in front.