Gloucester Drawbridge Community Meeting
Attendees: General Public
The scope of the project includes the full replacement of the bridge including new foundations, approach spans, mechanical/electrical components, and new track. A control tower will be built on the Gloucester Station side of river.
To reduce service disruptions, work will be completed in 2 phases. Half the bridge will be demolished while the other side remains open. When the first phase is complete, work on the other side will begin. Service will only be disrupted overnight when necessary, or on a limited number of weekends.
Once completed, this project will:
- Provide safer and more reliable service on the Newburyport/Rockport Line
- Eliminate the speed restriction on the bridge
- Bring bridge to a State of Good Repair
- Reduce maintenance costs and service impacts
- Improve right of way access for boats
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to fully participate in the meeting, American Sign Language interpreters, assistive listening devices, and /or handouts in alternate formats, please submit your request to Trish Foley at 857-368-8907 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 days prior to the meeting.