Joint Meeting of the MassDOT Board and the Fiscal and Management Control Board
Attendees: General Public
The MassDOT Board of Directors serves as the governing authority for MassDOT.
The Fiscal and Management Control Board (FMCB) closely monitors the T's finances, management, and operations.
Please note: This board meeting is being held virtually. Public comment can be submitted in one of three ways:
1) Written comment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the address listed in the agenda.
2) Voice message comment may be submitted by calling 857-368-1655 and leaving a message by 11:00am Monday, November 23.
3) Real-time comment may be made through telephone conference call; please email email@example.com by 11:00am Monday, November 23 to sign up.
A. Open of the MassDOT Board of Directors Meeting
Public Comment Period on items 1 through 8 only* (see notes regarding Public Comment Periods below)
B. Standing Reports
1. Report from the Secretary/CEO
2. Report from the Highway Administrator
3. Report from the Registrar of Motor Vehicles (written)
4. Report from the Rail and Transit Administrator (written)
5. Report from the Aeronautics Administrator (written)
C. MassDOT Board Presentations and Actions
6. MassDOT Highway Construction Contract for Replacement of Belden G. Bly Drawbridge in Lynn/Saugus
- Discussion and Possible Action
7. Congestion Study Update
8. Human Resources Update
D. Joint Board Presentations and Actions
Start of the FMCB Meeting. Public Comment Period on Joint items 9 through 13 only*
9. Approval of Minutes from October 19, 2020 Joint Board Meeting
10. Report from the FMCB
11. South Coast Rail Quarterly Report (written)
12. Forging Ahead Capital Reallocation and Additional MBTA Capital Funding Inter Agency Service Agreement
- Discussion and Possible Action
13. Green Line Extension Update
MassDOT Board Meeting Adjourns; FMCB-only Meeting Continues
E. Fiscal and Management Control Board Presentations and Actions
Public Comment Period on FMCB items 14 through 19 only*
Comments specific to Forging Ahead should be submitted through the MBTA's dedicated online feedback form and/or through participation in one of the 11 public meetings that are being held beginning on November 10. For more information, please visit the Forging Ahead webpage.
14. Report from the General Manager
15. FMCB Public Schedule
16. FY22 Budget Update
17. Forging Ahead Update
18. Bus Transformation Update: Bus Network Redesign
19. Silver Line Bus Fleet Replacements
- Discussion and Possible Action - New Flyer of America, Inc. contract
20. Executive Session to discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining as to which discussion in an open session may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the MBTA
Note: this agenda has been prepared in advance and does not necessarily include all matters which may be taken up at this meeting.
All MassDOT Board meetings are accessible to participants with disabilities. For accommodation or language assistance requests, please contact MassDOT’s Chief Diversity & Civil Rights Officer by phone at (857) 368-8580, TTD/TTY at (857) 266 0603, fax (857) 368-0602 or by email to MassDOT.CivilRights@dot.state.ma.us Requests should be made as soon as possible, ideally at least ten business days before the meeting.
*Notes Regarding Public Comment: In an effort to provide effective opportunities for public comment and engagement while protecting the health and safety of the public and staff, this meeting of the MassDOT Board and FMCB will be held virtually. Public comment will be taken (1) in writing by email or mail, (2) by voice message, and (3) by live public comment through telephone conference call.
(1) Written comments may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
MassDOT Board of Directors and/or Fiscal and Management Control Board
10 Park Plaza - Suite 3510
Boston, MA 02116
For written comments received by mail or email at least one hour before the start of the meeting, the commenter’s name and affiliation (if stated), along with the subject line of the message will be shared in the meeting and on the Livestream. Mailed and emailed comments will be compiled and distributed to all Board Members in advance of the meeting.
(2) Voice message comments may be submitted by calling 857-368-1655 and leaving a message at least one hour before the start of the meeting. Voice messages will be played aloud during the public comment portion of the board meeting and captured in the livestream video. Messages must be limited to two minutes per commenter, or up to four minutes for comments submitted on behalf of an organization or elected official and at the discretion of the Board Chair.
(3) Public comment may be provided in real-time during the public comment portion of the meeting by telephone conference call. Live public comments are limited to two minutes per commenter at the discretion of the Board or FMCB Chair. To provide a comment live by telephone, you must email email@example.com at least one hour before the start of the meeting with your name and affiliation (if applicable) and item(s) for which you will provide comments. Participants will be sent a conference call number by email about 30 minutes prior to the start of the meeting. Participants will be called upon by the Board or FMCB Chair to provide comments in the order they have signed up. At the end of the public comment period, participants who have offered comments may observe the meeting using the livestream video available at mbta.com. Members of the public who would like to watch the meeting but are not interested in providing comments should also use the livestream video available at mbta.com.
This notice was posted on Thursday, November 19, 2020 at or before 12:00pm. A copy of this notice has been transmitted by electronic mail to the Secretary of the Commonwealth, Regulations Division (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The meeting is accessible to people with disabilities and those with limited English proficiency. Accessibility accommodations and language services will be provided free of charge, upon request, as available. Such services include documents in alternate formats, translated documents, assistive listening devices, and interpreters (including American Sign Language). For more information or to request a reasonable accommodation and/or language services please contact OKane@mbta.com or 857-368-8767.
Español (Spanish): Esta reunión es accesible para personas con discapacidades y los que tienen un dominio limitado del inglés. Se proveerá accesibilidad y servicios lingüísticos sin cargo, si los solicita y están disponibles. Dichos servicios incluyen documentos en otros formatos, documentos traducidos, dispositivos de ayuda para escuchar e intérpretes (incluyendo el American Sign Language). Para más información o para solicitar ayuda y/o servicios lingüísticos, por favor comuníquese con OKane@mbta.com o al 857-368-8767.
Français (French): La réunion est accessible aux personnes handicapées et aux personnes ayant une compétence limitée en anglais. Les arrangements d'accessibilité et les services linguistiques seront fournis gratuitement, sur demande, selon les disponibilités. Ces services comprennent des documents sous une forme adaptée, des documents traduits, des dispositifs d'écoute assistée et des interprètes (y compris la Langue des Signes Américaine ‐ ASL). Pour plus de renseignements ou pour demander un accommodement raisonnable et / ou des services linguistiques, veuillez contacter OKane@mbta.com ou 857-368-8767.
Kreyòl Ayisyen (Haitian Creole): Reyinyon sa aksesib pou moun ki gen andikap ansanm avèk moun sila yo ki pa pale Angle byen. Yap bay akomodasyon aksesibilite ak sèvis lang gratis, sou demann, jan sa. Kalite sèvis sa yo gen ladan tradiksyon dokiman nan lòt fòma yo, aparèy kap ede pou tande, ak entèpretè (sa ki gen ladan Lang Siy Ameriken). Pou w jwenn plis enfòmasyon oswa pou mande yon akomodasyon rezonab ak/oswa sèvis lang tanpri kontakte OKane@mbta.com oswa 857-368-8767.