North Station Commuter Rail Schedule Changes for Thursday Evening
The MBTA and Keolis Commuter Services are advising customers of schedule changes for trains departing North Station this evening.
Regional power outages are affecting rail service on the Lowell Line and Haverhill Line following the most recent storm that brought down trees, limbs, and other debris, disrupting power on the civilian grid. The civilian grid powers the Commuter Rail network’s signal systems and grade crossing equipment.
While utility crews work to restore power, the MBTA and Keolis are taking measures:
The following trains have been cancelled this evening:
- Train 293 - 4:48 PM North Station to Reading
- Train 294 - 5:38 PM Reading to North Station
- Train 295 - 6:05 PM North Station to Reading
- Train 296 - 6:55 PM Reading to North Station
- Train 297 - 7:20 PM North Station to Reading
- Train 298 - 8:07 PM Reading to North Station
- Train 327 - 4:15 PM North Station to Lowell
- Train 334 - 5:17 PM Lowell to North Station
- Train 333 - 5:35 PM North Station to Lowell
These cancellations have been made proactively to prevent additional service delays caused by train congestion along these lines.
The MBTA and Keolis are also in the process of deploying a network of backup generators to power the lines for the duration of service in an effort to maintain a reliable level of service throughout the evening commuting hours.
The MBTA encourages customers to allow for extra time and to check service alerts, especially for the Lowell and Haverhill Lines.
Media Contact Information
For all queries and comments, please contact: