- Timeline: 2017 – 2024
- Status: Design
The MBTA's Fare Transformation will make paying for transit easier and more convenient: You'll be able to tap and board at any door with a fare card, smartphone, or contactless credit card; reload using cash or credit card at vending machines at all stations and some bus stops; or go online to manage your account 24 hours a day.
Building a Better T
As part of our $8 billion, 5-year capital investment plan, we're renovating stations, modernizing fare collection systems, upgrading services for our buses, subways, and ferries, and improving the accessibility of the entire system.
- One fare card for every route
- Faster bus and train service
- More places to buy fare cards
- More ways to manage your account
- Equal access for everyone
- Integration with other transit
- Flexible fare policy
- Improved revenue accounting
- Improved uptime and performance