Overnight Work Between Reservoir and Beaconsfield
Updated on May 22, 2019
- Tuesday, April 23 – Saturday, April 27
- Tuesday, May 7
- Wednesday, May 15 – Thursday, May 16
- Wednesday, May 29
Building a Better T
As part of our $8 billion, 5-year capital investment plan, we're renovating stations, modernizing fare collection systems, upgrading services for our buses, subways, and ferries, and improving the accessibility of the entire system.
Green Line Service
This work will not impact Green Line riders during this time. Shuttles will continue to replace train service between Riverside and Newton Highlands after 8:30 PM on weeknights. On nights when there are Red Sox home games, shuttles will begin at 10:30 PM.
What to Expect if You Live in the Neighborhood
Neighbors may notice construction crews and vehicles on the right-of-way.
We do what we can to minimize noise disruptions, including:
- Using self-adjusting backup alarms, silencers or mufflers on equipment
- Limiting truck and equipment idling
- Lining dumping bins, hoppers and trucks with sound-deadening material
- Using noise blanket and shielding where possible
Crews will be excavating existing signal structures.
Crews will be using an excavator to identify underground utilities.
Noise levels are monitored monthly, and we respond to all noise complaints. If you would like to report a noise issue, call the 24/7 hotline at 508-676-3550.
If you have questions, please email the project team at DBranchInfo@MBTA.com.