Quincy Center Station Improvements
Updated on February 28, 2019
About the Project
Related to construction at Wollaston Station, Quincy Center Station will undergo improvements for accessibility and safety. Additionally, the Quincy Center Garage will be demolished in preparation for future transit oriented development.
Work at Quincy Center will not disrupt Wollaston shuttle service.
Check out our South Shore Commuter Guide to see other projects in progress along the Red Line.
Customers feel safer and more comfortable in the station:
- The station will undergo updates to improve structural safety
- Improved lighting and station signage for wayfinding
People with disabilities can more easily access Quincy Center Station:
- New elevator for station access
- New accessible station entrance from Burgin Parkway
- Upgrades and repairs to pedestrian walkways
Quincy Center Station will be more efficient and easier to maintain:
- Repairs to the fire standpipe and drainage system
- Demolition of underutilized Quincy Center Garage will reduce maintenance costs and ready the site for future developments
For all queries and comments related to Quincy Center Station Improvements, please contact: