South Shore Garages
Updated on August 9, 2018
About the Project
The project is for the complete rehabilitation of the Braintree Station and Quincy Adams Station parking garages.
- Structural concrete and parking deck repairs
- New water protection and drainage systems
- New signage and pedestrian traffic flow at both garages
- Security and safety updates to the fire alarm, CCTV, electrical, lighting, and emergency power systems
- Accessibility upgrades, including new elevators (Braintree Garage) and improved traffic flows for vehicles and pedestrians
- New amenities, including bicycle storage, electric vehicle charging, and upgrades to the restrooms
- Brings the garages to a State of Good Repair
- Safer, more accessible parking spots and pedestrian routes to and from the stations
- Reduce maintenance costs and service impacts
- Provide better parking amenities
Find out about the latest project news and public meetings.
December 4, 2018
Previously long closed due to neighborhood parking concerns, customers wishing to access Quincy Adams Station were forced to travel over a mile around the station to another entrance.
November 30, 2018
Due to construction at Quincy Adams, 300 parking spaces will be unavailable. Additional parking is available at Braintree.
August 29, 2018
The ramp replacement will take place September 4 – 7, 2018. The sidewalk replacement will take place over 10 months, September 10, 2018 – July 2019.
August 6, 2018 at 6:00pm
August 8, 2018 at 6:00pm