South Shore Garages
Updated on January 28, 2019
About the Project
The project is for the complete rehabilitation of the Braintree Station and Quincy Adams Station parking garages.
Check out our South Shore Commuter Guide to see other projects in progress along the Red Line.
- Structural concrete and parking deck repairs
- New water protection and drainage systems
- New signage and pedestrian traffic flow at both garages
- Security and safety updates to the fire alarm, CCTV, electrical, lighting, and emergency power systems
- Accessibility upgrades, including new elevators (Braintree Garage) and improved traffic flows for vehicles and pedestrians
- New amenities, including bicycle storage, electric vehicle charging, and upgrades to the restrooms
- Brings the garages to a State of Good Repair
- Safer, more accessible parking spots and pedestrian routes to and from the stations
- Reduce maintenance costs and service impacts
- Provide better parking amenities
Find out about the latest project news and public meetings.
August 6, 2018 at 6:00pm
August 8, 2018 at 6:00pm