Planning an Accessible MBTA Trip
More from Accessibility
Use the following resources to plan a fully accessible trip on the MBTA.
No matter what mode of transit you’re taking on the MBTA, you can contact us ahead of your trip to plan your route.
You can also view our T Access Guide by mode for information on the accessibility features of the bus, subway, Commuter Rail, and ferry.
Use the MBTA Trip Planner to get accessible directions for your entire trip.
- Input your departure location, your destination, and your departure or arrival time.
- Check the box next to "Wheelchair accessible trip."
- Click "Find."
The Trip Planner may return several trip options. To view step-by-step directions, a map of the entire route, and any travel alerts, just tap or click a trip for a more detailed view.
We're happy to help you plan your trip over the phone. Please be prepared with your starting location, destination, date of travel, and departure time.
- Call the MBTA Customer Support at (617) 222-3200, or (617) 222-5146 (TTY).
- Follow the voice prompts to select your preferred language.
- Press 1 for "Schedules and Travel Directions."
- Then, press 1 for schedule information or 2 for travel directions.
- You will be transferred to an agent. Tell them you need accessible directions.
Google Maps uses your current location and desired destination to plan trips on public transit. You can even use it to see how to make connections from the MBTA to other transit providers in Massachusetts.