Dispute Your Parking Ticket
There are 2 types of tickets you may receive from the the MBTA. They are delivered, paid for, and disputed in different ways.
Invoices for Non-payment
Charges for non-payment of parking are mailed to the vehicle owner's house, and can be paid directly to the MBTA. Appeals must be requested within 30 days of the invoice date. You can expect a response within 30 days of your appeal. You may be asked to schedule a hearing.
Request an appeal
Transit Police Violations
MBTA Transit Police violations are usually in orange envelopers, tucked under the windshield of the car. You must work with the MBTA Transit Police to pay or appeal these tickets.
If you believe you received an MBTA Transit Police parking ticket in error, you can request a hearing within 21 days of ticket date.
Dispute your ticket by mail
- Write a short letter explaining that you would like to request a hearing related to your parking ticket.
- Gather the documents to support your case.
- Enclose everything in an envelope with your return address, and mail it to:
240 Southampton Street
Boston, MA 02118-2723
- The Parking Clerk will contact you with a date for your hearing.
- Once you have your hearing, the decision of the Parking Clerk is final.